Verify both Client id and Client Secret for an API while passing Clientid and Client Secret as Authorisation header

Not applicable

I am building an API, where I want to validate the Client id and Client secret, which is base64 encoded and passed as Authorisation token. in the Headers, I tried the below Oauth Policy but I am getting an invalid Client Error.

<DisplayName>OA-ClientCredentials</DisplayName> <Operation>GenerateAccessToken</Operation> <StoreToken>false</StoreToken> <ExpiresIn>01</ExpiresIn> <SupportedGrantTypes> <GrantType>password</GrantType> </SupportedGrantTypes> <GenerateResponse enabled="false"/> <GenerateErrorResponse enabled="false"/

0 3 2,060
3 REPLIES 3

@Pranay Aitha ,

Please find steps below to resolve your query.

• Use Basic Authentication Policy with "Decode" operation to retrieve clientid & secret from Authorization header.
  • Use Verify API Key Policy to verify Client ID
  • After above policy execution, client secret will be retrieved based on Client ID and available as flow variable. For more reference check here.
  • Use flow variable "verifyapikey.{policy_name}.client_secret" & compare with the secret from step 1 to validate client secret
  • Use a step condition to validate the client secret & raise an error using Raise Fault Policy.

It should be simple & quick to do same. Keep us posted if you see any issues.

Hi @Pranay Aitha, you can follow what @Anil Sagar has explained. If you need any other methods or clarification, have a look at this post(similar to your question),

validating-both-client-id-and-secret

adas

@Pranay Aitha You can refer to a similar post here, which explains how you can do this with the VerifyAPIKey policy.