How can i send additional data to smartdocs in Developer Portal ?

Does smartdocs support custom OpenAPI extensions so that i can send additional data & tweak the layout template to display my data ? If Yes, how can i do this ? Any Example ?

Solved Solved
0 2 154
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The principle behind SmartDocs was to never throw information in any spec away. However, at this time, we interpret formats like WADL and OpenAPI into our own internal meta-model representation, and in this case an `x-extension` would be represented as a custom attribute in that metamodel. The namespacing isn't great there (all that stuff gets glommed into an array), which makes it a bit tricky to get at. That is one reason why we haven't documented this, another is that the next version of SmartDocs will move away from the meta-model in favor of OpenAPI format directly without the intermediate step.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The principle behind SmartDocs was to never throw information in any spec away. However, at this time, we interpret formats like WADL and OpenAPI into our own internal meta-model representation, and in this case an `x-extension` would be represented as a custom attribute in that metamodel. The namespacing isn't great there (all that stuff gets glommed into an array), which makes it a bit tricky to get at. That is one reason why we haven't documented this, another is that the next version of SmartDocs will move away from the meta-model in favor of OpenAPI format directly without the intermediate step.

Great to know @Marsh Gardiner , Thank you for the updates.