Dev Portal to look Like This?

Not applicable

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows how we can configure out Apigee-powered Developer Portal to look more like this: http://bestbuyapis.github.io/api-documentation/#search-techniques

The main elements that we like, and notice to be a trend, are having a left navigation bar with all menu options, and a scrolling page on the right with all of the information.

Here is another example:

https://stripe.com/docs/charges

Essentially what we're looking for is guidance on how to have navigation bars on the left hand side of the screen.

Thanks!

0 3 231
3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

Hi Alex, this would all be done with Drupal theming and possibly some custom modules. The nice thing about Drupal is that you can create a highly customized experience for your developers by adjusting the theme. The downside is that the customization can be a bit tricky to get the hang of and you need to invest some time learning the ins and outs of Drupal. To get started, take a look at the Drupal Theming Documentation. There are also quite a few Drupal theming tutorials and how-to videos available on YouTube that may be helpful.

Not applicable

Thanks Clatimer. I guess our main concern with adjusting the Drupal Theming is that we might break what is supported out-of-the-box by Apigee. We also don't want to create a compatibility issue later in the future.

Towards ailing those concerns, to you know of any "Apigee Approved" themes, or anything of the like?

Thanks,

Alex

@AlexMC , It's definitely possible to build a doc page that looks like above one, Are you looking for integration with smartdocs too ? I have seen a customer asking something similar to above page almost a year and half back. Check Payeezy SmartDocs which is something closer to what you are trying to achieve except the left side bar.

Regarding the theme customizations & new features in developer portal, I would suggest to get a Drupal Expertise short time to get the features you need. It should be quick to implement same in Developer Portal by leveraging Drupal CMS.