Issue with custom Content Type

Not applicable

hi, I am facing issue with custom Content-Type header to use in request. When I am using application/vd.xxx+json in the request then I am getting error in AssignMessage policy with the request payload however it is working fine if I am using "application/json" content type. Is custom content type is not supported in Apigeeor there is any special way to handle them?

0 5 864
5 REPLIES 5

What error do you see? Can you please share more details?

Error is "unresolved variable: xxx.to" It is coming for request variable extracting in assign message policy but same is working fine when content-type is "application/json"

Hi @Waqar Syed According to the doc, JSON extraction is performed only when message's Content-type is application/json. But you could either change the content type or use a JavaScript policy to extract the value.

Thanks I used JS policy instead to modify the json payload and it fixed the issue.

Hi,

If we use Source as "“request.content”" in the Extract Variables policy then we are able to use custom content-type in request without making a JS call. Is it something fixed in Apigee and document not updated?