Can I convert smartDocs JSON to swagger ?

Not applicable

Solved Solved
0 8 821
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

At this time, you cannot export an API model in OpenAPI Specification (OAS) format. Today when a spec is imported, the spec is interpreted into the meta-model that you see represented in the SmartDocs JSON format.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

@Kiryl , Welcome to Apigee Community.

I am afraid, I didn't find any tool to do same as of today. @Marsh Gardiner , Would you like to add anything here ?

Is there any way to export swagger format from apigee ?

@Kiryl , I don't think there is an option today. Are you looking for anything specific like conversion from WADL to OpenAPI spec (Swagger 2.0) ? Can you add more details so that we can see how we can help you ?

Yeah, I'm looking for any way to export swagger spec from apigee. Converting WADL -> swagger is also ok.

@Kiryl , You mean a way to generate Open API Spec (Swagger) from Apigee API Proxy ? If yes, check this command line tool called apigee2openapi

If you are looking for wadl to OpenAPI spec (Swagger) check this tool.

At this time, you cannot export an API model in OpenAPI Specification (OAS) format. Today when a spec is imported, the spec is interpreted into the meta-model that you see represented in the SmartDocs JSON format.

@Marsh Gardiner , Just a small query, Why do we have one more spec / model / meta-model called "smartdocs-json" ?

Do we have any plans to move away from smartdocs-json & make OpenAPI spec as the standard one ?

Yes, that's the point I was trying to make. The smartdocs-json is our internal format that represents the meta-model. By using openapi directly, we no longer need that.