timeout during apigee-migrate of edge components... can I change the timeout?

Not applicable

Hi....

We are doing a dry run of our 15.07.x to 16.01 updates right now. Manually (sort of) to see what issues pop up. We are at the point where we update the EDGE components.

the edge-qpid-server start during the script is failing when it does the port check. If you wait another minute it comes up fine... but the script has already failed. The important thing here is that I need to also update edge for PG (since they are on the same server in this install...) so.. im SOL.

Is there a way to fix this easily and get us rolling again? I cant find any clear timeout params so far...

0 6 231
6 REPLIES 6

cfrias

The 16.01 migration makes the assumption that it is being executed on a running instance of 15.07. This means that there should be no waiting for the edge-qpid-server to start. Incidentally there should be no waiting for any 15.07 component to start. It should already be running prior to starting the migration.

sure - but heres the deal: when you run the migration, it stops the service as part of the migrate/update.

Not applicable

we figured out a work around - but its not pretty 🙂

Possibly can share?

its a mess.. i added "sleep 60" to the line abouve 438 in migrate.sh

I cant make the params to the wait process work.. not sure why - so i just put my own wait in front of it.

Support will work w/ engineering to give us a timeout extension option.

Not applicable

its a mess.. i added sleep 60 to the line abouve 438 in migrate.sh

I cant make the params to the wait process work.. not sure why - so i just put my own wait in front of it.

Support will work w/ engineering to give us a timeout extension option.