Nodejs service callout support in edge?

Not applicable

Does edge support nodejs callouts?

Can ServiceCallout be used to implement nodejs callouts? Is this supported?

I am planning to use node js callout(as InternalProxy implementation) to process some cached data and based on the outcome I need to decide whether main proxy should reach out to actual backend or not.

Can someone please tell me whether it is feasible or not?

thanks in anticipation.

0 3 561
3 REPLIES 3

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hi @Hitendra Katlana I have provide my inputs, let me know if you have additional questions.

• Service Callouts are used to call any HTTP/S endpoints. It doesn't matter whether the endpoint is hosted by node.js or by an app server.
  • You can actually create an proxy within Apigee Edge that is basically routes to a node.js script that runs in the Edge container. In You can use that node.js script to process cached data, and make conditional calls to different back-ends conditionally. Here is a link to detailed step-by-step direction on how to build such a proxy.

In Edge I see an option to specifically execute a node script as a service callout (rather than via HTTP transport) - is this something new since June? I've been having trouble getting it to work and I want to make sure I'm using the right tool.: I want to callout to Node without setting up an additional proxy.

3540-2016-09-16-15-55-52.png

Seeking an update here. @pbhogill is the NodeJS-friendly UI that Dan say above, a year ago, no longer POR?