APIGEE vs Axway

Not applicable

Has anyone done comparison between APIGEE vs Axway? Can you please share your experience?

0 4 3,334
4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable

Hi Kumar,

First, I'd invite others from the community to respond with their opinions.

Here's my Apigeek opinion. Apigee does not comment about specific competitor comparisons. We believe Apigee differentiates ourselves in the market for several reasons including product, technology leadership and experience. From a product perspective, we produce a platform that supports every aspect of the digital value chain. This includes not only what we consider table stakes such as security and traffic mediation, caching, quotas, etc., but also Developer Portal, SmartDocs, Business and Operational Analytics, Backend As a Service, and Monetization. We also benefit from hosting hundreds of customers providing the ability to scale with over 99.999% availability. From a technology leadership standpoint, you can see from this community that we have a vibrant ecosystem of customers and partners. We also have extensive array of eBooks, white papers, webcasts and regularly host DevJam API Workshops for customers to try the product themselves. I would encourage you to try both products and see for yourself.

HTH,

~Rob

Not applicable

Comparing Apigee and axway from my limited experience.

Apigee is quite easy to create API's when compared to Axway. Developer can start developing API's using APIGEE in short period of time. Developers not required to install software . API's are developed in

the browser-based GUI APIGEE Edge. This is a drag and drop framework. API's building blocks are called policies which are basically XML based .

Policy xmls are quite easy to understand. Developer need not worry components of APIGEE such as message processor and other thing internal in it for developing API's.

Axway tools requires you to understand their product .It has node manager, confirguration manager and policy studio.

API's are developed using policy studio that's a separate software to be installed in each system.

It’s a drag and drop framework for developing API with several filters involved in it. Filters are similar to policies of Apigee or palette of TIBCO.

Axway policy studio is similar to TIBCO BW.For developing API's requires many lines to be connected between filters. Filters has to be understood.

It’s not easy to edit API's by adding filter.

Apigee proxies can be deployed in env such as prod and dev. Deployment in different environment doesn't require code changes.

But dependent KVM and http endpoint needs to be created for each environment. Payload can be traced using trace session option. Deployment is quick.

Trace session is user friendly shows input and output of each activity with all flow variables in a GUI. Gives all required information.

However, Axway requires code change. Should add trace filter in API and deploy it again in debug mode. Deployment is slower compared to APIGEE.

A log will be a separate file where developer need to spot errors.

Axway logs contains lot of unrelated information hence developer need to manually check for variable.

Apigee whenever encounters error skips normal flow and goes to fault rule. Hence it easier to spot place of origin In,Axway error propagates to each filters from place of origin.

Therefore it's developer responsibility to go through each filter to trace the origin of error.

All development is being done in APIGEE edge for policy development. Developer portal is good. Most of things is being done in Axway policy builder. But require configuration studio for some functionality. Here developer portal cumbersome.
Apigee caching capabilities are good offers varies policies for caches. Axway has no internal cache in 7.2 . But added in later version.
For out of box functionality Apigee relies on java script/node.js/java callout policy to build it Axway has groovy script and JavaScript filters to do the same.
Apigee offers limited functionality in query string , uri validation ,JSON schema validation . It relies on out of box functionality such as

node.js or JavaScript code to do the same.

Axway covers more functionality compared to Apigee. Axway has separate validation filters for json,querystring,throttling,and validate WS message.Not used all functionalities therefore not sure how it works.
Apigee is somewhat stable compared to Axway. Axway has certain bugs which will be visible in logs and in nodemanager.Axway keeps giving update and phasing out thier old supported platforms 7.2 etc.

@Tamilarasan Rajendran : Hey I Need to do one POC in axway, can you please let me know the URL to download the policy center and how this is connected to the API manger ?