How do you convert to Active/Active analytics on a 4.16.x existing installation?

Looking for updated documentation on how to configure Active/Active analytics in 4.16.x. The procedure is no longer in the 4.16.01 installation guide. I did look back at older guides (4.15.07 and older) and found that many of the steps probably still apply,however with all the new ways to run commands in 4.16.x I want to be sure I'm doing the right thing.

Also I cannot find the steps to change the postgres servers from master/slave to master/master to make the updates to the api_pattern table.

Any help is very much appreciated!

cc: @sgilson

Solved Solved
0 1 241
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi David,

The procedure for making a Postgres standby node into a Master is documented in the 4.16.01 Ops Guide under "Handling a PostgresSQL Database Failover". That procedure describes it in the context of handling a failed master node.

As for active/active analytics, that process was removed from the doc and scheduled for a future release.

HTH,

Stephen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi David,

The procedure for making a Postgres standby node into a Master is documented in the 4.16.01 Ops Guide under "Handling a PostgresSQL Database Failover". That procedure describes it in the context of handling a failed master node.

As for active/active analytics, that process was removed from the doc and scheduled for a future release.

HTH,

Stephen