Using multiple API products with one developer app

Not applicable

Greetings all.

We noticed that the Apigee DevConnect module only allows for selecting one API product when creating a new app. However, the Edge API and U/I both allow for assigning multiple API products to one user app.

I'm wondering how a user would do this through the portal if they can only select on API product for their app in the DevConnect module?

Also, I'm wondering which Apigee PHP SDK calls we should make in order add a second API product to an existing app?

Thanks.

Solved Solved
0 5 1,662
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

@north.krimsly If you navigate to Configuration → Dev Portal → Application settings, you can adjust how many API Products may be associated with an app. The default is one, but there are a number of other options there that you can take advantage of.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

@north.krimsly If you navigate to Configuration → Dev Portal → Application settings, you can adjust how many API Products may be associated with an app. The default is one, but there are a number of other options there that you can take advantage of.

Thanks Dan. We looked again at an out-of-the-box Apigee portal installation, and you can indeed select multiple API products for one app. The portal U/I works correctly, displaying both products when you look at app details.

Not applicable

I still suggest you keep using one-to-one mapping between product and app for two reasons.

1. Apigee proxy doesn't "by default" render right product if you have one app - two products - one proxy setup. This looks obvious. To circumvent this issue, you can use getentity policy of apigee but it has performance problems.

2. The 1:1:N configuration for app-product-proxy seem to be a workable solution in most of the scenarios.

Thanks Ravi. As noted above the Apigee U/I will indeed allow a user to select multiple API products and assign them to one App. The Apigee portal will correctly render a list of API products on the app details page rather than showing just the first one, as long as the configuration is right as noted above. We still are faced with a business decision of do we allow users to assign multiple API products to one app, which we will have to discuss. I can see advantages both ways so if you have any further thoughts, I'd like to hear them.

@Ravi Shah - Is the 1:1:N mapping for app:product:proxy advisable generally? I personally feel that is the better way to go about it too, but looking for an expert's opinion before making the change in my org.