JSON threat protection - JSONThreatProtection - ExecutionFailed

Not applicable

I get this error at JSON threat protection ONLY when I run GET flows. But, No issues on POST type flows. Does it mean JSON threat protection is not applicable for GET type ? Same issue I have even Regular Expression threat protection policy which i using for SQL threat protection.

Side Note: I do not have any issue when i use SoapUI where as from Portal, I have above issue. But, this error occur in general ? I saw the Error codes in the doc. where i do not find good explanation.

{
  "fault": {
    "detail": {
      "errorcode":"steps.jsonthreatprotection.ExecutionFailed"
    },
    "faultstring":"JSONThreatProtection[JSON-Threat-Protection]: Execution failed. reason: Expecting { or [ at line 1"
  }
}
Solved Solved
1 1 2,831
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

@Kumaresan Sithambaram JSON threat protection policy works by looking for the incoming JSON payload specifically the below element in the policy.

<Source>request</Source>

With a GET request you would not be having any payload and hence it would fail. Best practice is to add a condition to the policy to ensure it is attached only to specific resources where applicable using info here

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

@Kumaresan Sithambaram JSON threat protection policy works by looking for the incoming JSON payload specifically the below element in the policy.

<Source>request</Source>

With a GET request you would not be having any payload and hence it would fail. Best practice is to add a condition to the policy to ensure it is attached only to specific resources where applicable using info here