How can we use any CDN ( content delivery network ) with apigee proxy ?

Not applicable

Hi,

We want to use CDN in our project.

I wanted to know how can we use CDN with the APIGEE proxies.

Regards,

Prath

1 11 1,222
11 REPLIES 11

I'm afraid I don't quite understand the question. What is it you are trying to do with a CDN? Purely from a proxy perspective I don't know if it matters if a CDN is involved. I'm not sure how to answer the "how" question without more information.

Not applicable

I am not sure if there is a way to use CDN with apigee proxies.

For instance, suppose we are trying to use CDN for caching purposes of contents which can be some type of media and reference to them can come from the apigee proxies. I hope the question is more clear now.

A bit more clear. But I don't think you need to worry about it. Assuming I understand.. you have a payload response to an API call that refers to an entity.. wouldn't you simply include the url for the entity and let the CDN do the rest when the caller retrieves the entity?

So, Basically we have Single page application ( SPA) and want to cache all the media or even HTML, CSS in the CDN. How can be achieve this using CDN with APIGEE proxies ?

I guess I'm missing the issue. What's preventing you from using the CDN?

Not applicable

Typically content served from the CDN would originate from a distinct host than any API content served by Apigee.

In this way DNS would resolve requests appropriately between the two infrastructures. API content may refer of course via hypermedia links to CDN hosted content - this would be delivered as you would expect as references with a FQDN rooted link.

What if i am caching my static HTML's or CSS on apigee ? then how does apigee serve those ? does it use a CDN to provide faster API response in such cases ?

Generally I would recommend not to serve static content from the API tier. Apigee is not a CDN, nor does it integrate with one out of the box. Of course you could always distribute content to the CDN via a Callout. I would need substantially more detail on your use case to make a firmer recommendation.

Hi Dallen,

What kind of caching mechanism APIGEE uses underneath its different policies like populate cache , invalidate cache ? Is it some kind of CDN or some other mechanism like Varnish / Memcache etc. ?

Object cache and response caches are Cassandra backed and available (eventually) to all MPs in an Org. Hope this helps!

Thanks Dallen,

Thats what we wanted to know about caching.