Maintaining Session in proxy for an ID provided from UI

We are trying to Proxify the API calls which is called by a external UI,

The first call from the UI sends a session ID.

What we require is that in the subsequent calls send by the UI , we need to maintain this session from the apigee proxy end.

Can you suggest any way to achieve this.

Solved Solved
0 5 514
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

Hello @Pallavi Mishra,

If I get your requirement correctly, you are trying the get the DATA of the first call in the subsequent calls, identified by the UUID.

If I got it correctly, then yes, there is a concept of cache in the Apigee Edge, which you can use. You can set the data in the cache in the first call and associate the UUID. And in the subsequent calls, you can pass the UUID and get the data from the cache and process it further

You would find required information to populate the cache here and to look up the cache data here

Does it help ?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

Hello @Pallavi Mishra,

If I get your requirement correctly, you are trying the get the DATA of the first call in the subsequent calls, identified by the UUID.

If I got it correctly, then yes, there is a concept of cache in the Apigee Edge, which you can use. You can set the data in the cache in the first call and associate the UUID. And in the subsequent calls, you can pass the UUID and get the data from the cache and process it further

You would find required information to populate the cache here and to look up the cache data here

Does it help ?

Thank you @MEGHDEEP BASU ,

@Pallavi Mishra , See similar project here where we leveraged cache as session store for running Node Apps in Apigee Cloud which uses express.

Hi @MEGHDEEP BASU

Thank u for ur answer...Just wanted to ask will it run fine for parallel calls with diff UUID's, ?

Hello @Pallavi Mishra,

Yes, it should work well for parallel calls with different UUIDs. That means, in the system, there are multiple UUIDs having same or different data. This should work perfectly well.

Hello,

Knowing that Cached data is stored in machine memory, so the cache can store data "up to the memory capacity of the virtual machine", which means it's not precisely specified.

What about having millions of users requesting these APIs, and for each request, we are creating a keyFragment for 5 min...
is there any limitation on creating these caches? @anil sagar @meghdeep Basu