API proxy design query

Hi,

1) Need to re-design existing proxy. There are 2 proxies in different org .

Currently in one proxy service callout is made to another proxy in different org. So, While re-designing one single proxy using this both, what approach should use with minimum changes:

1) Service callout to proxy itself

2) Redirect to the flow within proxy

3) or creating another proxy in same org and using local proxy chaining is must?

2)Also, service callout directly to bass app is ok or should use proxy wrapper on it?

Solved Solved
1 4 309
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Sonali ,

Great Question,

Proxy chaining is the way to go, Please refer similar Question here & documentation to proxy chaining here.

I think new design should be,

• API Proxy 1 in Org 1
  • API Proxy 2 in Org 1
  • Call to API Proxy 1 Makes Call 2 API Proxy 2 in Same ORG using Proxy Chaining
  • On Response flow of API Proxy 1 after call 2 API Proxy 2 , you will make other target API call using service callout
  • Send response back to client.

Here the idea is to reduce network latency between Apigee API Proxy calls. In your earlier scenario, you will be making two networks calls , one to proxy, one to target. In above mentioned scenario you will make only one network call i.e to target using service callout the other call will be internal & hits directly MP (message processor) using proxy chaining instead of ELB -> Router -> MP. Let us know what do you think about same.

Service callout directly to bass app is ok untill unless there is a need for proxy.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Sonali , Service callout directly to bass app is ok untill unless there is a need for proxy.

@Sonali ,

Great Question,

Proxy chaining is the way to go, Please refer similar Question here & documentation to proxy chaining here.

I think new design should be,

• API Proxy 1 in Org 1
  • API Proxy 2 in Org 1
  • Call to API Proxy 1 Makes Call 2 API Proxy 2 in Same ORG using Proxy Chaining
  • On Response flow of API Proxy 1 after call 2 API Proxy 2 , you will make other target API call using service callout
  • Send response back to client.

Here the idea is to reduce network latency between Apigee API Proxy calls. In your earlier scenario, you will be making two networks calls , one to proxy, one to target. In above mentioned scenario you will make only one network call i.e to target using service callout the other call will be internal & hits directly MP (message processor) using proxy chaining instead of ELB -> Router -> MP. Let us know what do you think about same.

Service callout directly to bass app is ok untill unless there is a need for proxy.

@Anil Sagar Thanks for details of apigee calls. This was helpful while redesigning proxy.

For now, we have redesigned few flows so that service callout would be avoided and for other flow will be using local chaining approach.

Glad to know @Sonali