Dev portal > Analytics nots showing any report or data

Not applicable

Both the developer portal we have for PCC, doesnt pull any analytics report , For example find attached screenshot. I clicked on Analytics tab but no report found.

http://dev-pointclickcareapis.devportal.apigee.com/user/analytics/devanalytics/errors

analyticsreport-notloading.png

0 19 682
19 REPLIES 19

@HariniJayaraman , Dev Portal analytics is specific to App. Have you made any API calls using APP keys ?

Not applicable

Yes i did make calls but still report doesn't show up any data. For example I clicked on Analytics > Top Apps Report. But I remember someone mentioned fix is it on way, not sure.

2891-topappsreport-empty.png

Not applicable

Developer app analytics datapoints are only generated if your API proxy uses the APIKey or OAuth2 policy. Otherwise the proxy cannot tell whose app is accessing the API. This is something you would configure on the Edge Management UI.

@Daniel Johnson , SE Team customized out of the box theme & overrided template files which introduced some bugs in the portal. I have informed them about these issues. Seems like analytics issues also one of above.

Is there a solution to this? I did a lot of debugging and i don't see any analytics.. i do see it in the edge UI and confirmed that the environment is the same

anvimalia
Participant III

This is happening for me as well.. i have an app .. and i am making calls using the app id but nothing's showing up

@Anvi , Make sure traffic environment & Environment configured in App Settings in portal (admin/config/devconnect/apps) matches.

@Anvi To debug this further, enable "DEBUG" error logging by navigating to Configuration -> Devportal. Then access the analytics page and check messages under Reports -> Recent Log Messages. Let us know if you notice any non 2xx responses to the analytics API calls.

@Arun Kumar

Thanks for your reply! I did the following debugging as you suggested and this is what I see

Notice: Undefined variable: tabs in _devconnect_developer_app_analytics_detail() (line 78 of /var/www/html/sites/all/modules/custom/apigee_developer_app_analytics/apigee_developer_app_analytics.module).

I got this folder from the link i have posted above.. any suggestions?

@Arun Kumar

can you help me with this? We are kind of blocked because of this

@Anvi It appears that you are on private cloud version of portal, very likely on a release prior to 4.16.01. The module you are trying to implement is a opensource module developed by @Anil Sagar . I am not sure if this module is compatible with older versions of portal. I will let @Anil Sagar confirm and suggest you next steps. I was able to get the module working on my cloud version without any issues.

@Arun Kumar

I actually have this tar file DeveloperServices-4.17.05.00.tar from ftp.. I am guessing this is the latest

@Anvi It is the latest and i was able to get the module working on 4.17.05 version. This confirms that the module is compatible. I see the same exception "Undefined variable: tabs" even on my portal and hence can be ruled out. Could you check the recent logs of type "LogPlugin" and verify if you see any exceptions for the management API calls made from portal ? Call should be to the endpoint like "GET /v1/o/{org}/environments/prod/stats/apps?" .

Hi @Arun Kumar

Looked at the LogPlugin as you suggested .. I see 200 OK .. but the response has nothing in it .. my org name and environment name seems fine.. i am able to see the analytics in the edge ui.. just not seeing it in the dev portal

>>>>>>>>
GET /v1/o/Manufacturing/environments/prod/stats/apps?timeRange=06%2F01%2F2017%2019%3A03~06%2F30%2F2017%2019%3A03&timeUnit=day&sortby=total_response_time&sort=ASC&_optimized=js&select=total_response_time&filter=%28developer%20eq%20%27Manufacturing%40%40%4025oS8CwID9t4cnQz%27%29&developer_app=abc-producer HTTP/1.1
Host: 10.32.29.43:8080
accept: application/json; charset=utf-8
User-Agent: DevPortal/4.17.05.00 Guzzle/3.9.3 curl/7.29.0 PHP/7.0.19
Authorization: Basic [**masked**]
Referer: http://10.32.30.64/user/3/app-analytics/94d40f96-e1d0-4a34-8327-bb60aa002587
<<<<<<<<
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 19:03:28 GMT, Fri, 30 Jun 2017 19:03:28 GMT
Content-Type: application/json;charset=utf-8
Vary: Accept-Encoding, User-Agent
Content-Length: 262

{
  "Response" : {
    "TimeUnit" : [ ],
    "metaData" : {
      "errors" : [ ],
      "notices" : [ "source pg:a8b8efbb-9ba6-48b7-a2d3-7c7919126793", "Table used: Manufacturing.prod.agg_app", "query served by:ebec5687-9708-465d-bcb3-29fedaa8372c" ]
    }
  }
}
--------

--------
Connection time: 2.0E-5
Total transaction time: 0.014089

@Anvi This indicates that the module is working as expected and the call it is making is also correct. You mention that you are able to see analytics in edge ui. Are you able to see analytics data for the app ? Is is possible for you to add a screenshot of the developer app analytics ? Please ensure you include the env in your screenshot as well. For example:

5239-screen-shot-2017-07-05-at-31055-pm.png

@Anvi At this stage, i suggest that you open a support ticket with Apigee Support team. We have ruled out quite a few scenarios here and it would be easier to debug this on a live session.

We are also facing the same issue. Could please help me resolve this. We have followed the same steps. Application environment is matching with stats environment. Also, we have verified the edge for analytics data with the same app and developer email, we can see the graph. @Anil Sagar @ Google

8141-36db5180.png

8142-ebe95ebb.png