How to do data compression in case of large data?

Not applicable

Backend is sending large amount of data. I have already enabled streaming for both APIGEE cloud and OPDK. But every time I get "could not get any response " after a long time, when I try from postman. It seemed like the call is getting timed out, so I have increased the time to 5mins. Still doesnt work. Somehow data is getting decompressed and I want to compress it.

1 1 724
1 REPLY 1

Dear @Avratanu Rakshit,

1. Based on your explanation it looks like your backend is taking long time to respond back and eventually we seem to time out. So are you getting 504 Gateway Timeout Error ?
  2. Do you get any response if you hit your backend directly (outside of Apigee) ? If yes, how long does it take to get the response ? (You could use “time" command to measure the time taken to get the response.) If backend is indeed taking a lot of time to send the data, there are two approaches. One is to increase the timeout value in the right place (you seem to have tried that already) or the other approach is to check why backend takes such a long time and see if that can be fixed at your end.
  3. You said "Somehow data is getting decompressed and I want to compress it.” Does it mean you do get the data back from the backend/target server in uncompressed format ? Or Are you saying that backend sends the response in compressed format, but we don’t get the data in Apigee. So you suspect Apigee is uncompressing it ?

Thanks,

Amar