Is there a way to create a custom error report http errors codes for proxies

Not applicable

I have an API proxy and I have added some Quota policy to it. I have already added Fault handling to generate custom message (eg: for a Concurrent Rate Limit system generates 503 Service Unavailable, and I assign a custom message for response). Is there a way to create a custom report that can get all HTTP error codes from selected/all proxies and generate a report for that?

Solved Solved
0 8 674
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @TariqGhalib

You can get the general error info from Analytics --> Error Analysis. This gives you different metrics (by proxy, target, response codes).

If you want a Custom Report, you can go to Analytics --> Reports. Click +New Report button.

See screenshot below:

Under Metrics, you can select Target Errors or Proxy errors (or both by clicking +Metric button).

Under Dimensions, you can select Proxy and one more for Target Response Code.

You can also filter to certain proxies, error codes, etc by adding conditions under the Filter section.

2763-screen-shot-2016-05-25-at-12337-pm.png

Once this is saved, you should be able to see the report by selecting a time range.

2766-screen-shot-2016-05-25-at-12839-pm.png

In the graph,by clicking the proxy, you will see the analysis for the error codes for that proxy

Hope this help. Please reach out if you need more info

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @TariqGhalib

You can get the general error info from Analytics --> Error Analysis. This gives you different metrics (by proxy, target, response codes).

If you want a Custom Report, you can go to Analytics --> Reports. Click +New Report button.

See screenshot below:

Under Metrics, you can select Target Errors or Proxy errors (or both by clicking +Metric button).

Under Dimensions, you can select Proxy and one more for Target Response Code.

You can also filter to certain proxies, error codes, etc by adding conditions under the Filter section.

2763-screen-shot-2016-05-25-at-12337-pm.png

Once this is saved, you should be able to see the report by selecting a time range.

2766-screen-shot-2016-05-25-at-12839-pm.png

In the graph,by clicking the proxy, you will see the analysis for the error codes for that proxy

Hope this help. Please reach out if you need more info

Thanks Sai,

In addition to above we are also looking into exploring the "Analyze API message using custom analytics". One thing that I am trying to understand is the statistics collector policy. Can you elaborate two things:

- Extracting variables policy (watched the yahoo weather demo but since yahoo weather api is not available now, its hard to understand without practicing it). We have been experimenting with the Hotels Api. I tried to extract uuid from the GET response of "Find all hotels" and inject it in the GET request for "Get hotel by uuid" but I couldn't make it work.

- Then how do use the extracted variable to use the Statistics Collector policy to write data to the Analytics Service

Hi @TariqGhalib

Believe you got the answer here

If you need more help, please reach out. If your query is resolved, Please accept this answer so that others can refer this later.

I have tried the Dev Jam lab4 but after adding the 2 policies (Extract Variables & Statistics Collector) when I try it for the first UUID it returns required response and 200 ok. I am still not able to see this:

You will see devjam_{your_initials}__city, as a dimension in a custom report, whereas devjam_{your_initials}_rating as a metric

anywhere when I go ahead and create a custom report

Hi

Can you share the proxy bundle so that I can take a look at it ?

Sure, Please see attached bundlepcc-demo-apigee.zip

I have figured out the issue. I was not adding the policies in the right location. One issue is still there and that is:

The extracted variable collected by statistics collector is not showing right away under the custom reports Dimensions and/or Metrics. Is there a cron job or a sync job that needs to be run before the new custom dimensions or metrics start showing in the custom reports drop down selections?

HI @TariqGhalib

As @spadmanabhan mentioned here, its been disabled temporarily for trial orgs.