Daemon Edge Users

I used to be able to create users in edge using Management API that were then used by daemon processes, e.g. cron job that fetches AX, etc.

As these users are not humans, they don't have valid email addresses but email verification wasn't necessary back then. Upon creating the daemon user, I was adding that user to a custom role with strict permissions to do what it needs to do. I realised now that I can't do that anymore - probably due to SSO2 changes we did a couple of weeks back.

Is there another solution to create such process users without real email addresses?

0 2 159
2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

This is definitely a must have as API delivery is supported by build, config and monitoring automation. It does seem contradictory that access to the platform can't be achieved this way too. It is understandable an account needs to be traceable to an individual. However, that is solved by having org administrators and any non-human (service, daemon) account should be traceable to that individual (or group of administrators). As mentioned in the question, the non-human accounts are limited by their role. Therefore, the email verification seems artificial. If email verification is required, the process to create the non-human account should allow to have the verification sent and to be done by a human org administrator.

jhans

Hi All,

This can be created but we don't have a public API call for it. Only a sysadmin on cloud will be able to perform this activity. We need to add these users first at global level and then the activation of this will happen on usergrid. This is done recently for few customers. Please raise a support ticket for the same.

Regards,

Jagjyot