How can a user retrieve the original documentation used in the creation of a model

Not applicable

Is there a way to retrieve the original documentation from an api model?

The purpose would be to review the author's original OpenAPI specification (aka swagger) documentation to check if it complies with company standards and licensing content, like "Terms of Use" links.

Solved Solved
1 7 211
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

Hey @Chris Novak and @Anil Sagar,

We found a solution for the problem by creating a new content type called a publishing form.

The publishing form can have fields used as meta data or to hold attachments such as the swagger document. When the publishing form is submitted, a model is created using the data contained within.

This way a swagger document can be kept on record. Also, by using this process, we can require the publisher to submit a new swagger/OAS document for every update to the model.

If I get permission to post the code, I will add it here later.

Thank you for your time,

Mitchel

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

The current version of SmartDocs converts the original documentation into an internal format, so unfortunately there currently is not a way to get back the original.

@Chris Novak , Good to know, Earlier we use to store uploaded files in file system, i do see now we no longer store same. I always wondered why do we use intermediate spec / format when we already have industry-accepted API spec OpenAPI.

Why SmartDocs JSON format ? What are the chances of moving away from it & sticking to OpenAPI Spec.

@Chris Novak to circumvent this problem, is there a way to have the user upload a file to a custom content type and then, using rules or a workflow, automatically create a model? What code would I need to change to allow this as a temporary fix?

Not applicable

Hey @Chris Novak and @Anil Sagar,

We found a solution for the problem by creating a new content type called a publishing form.

The publishing form can have fields used as meta data or to hold attachments such as the swagger document. When the publishing form is submitted, a model is created using the data contained within.

This way a swagger document can be kept on record. Also, by using this process, we can require the publisher to submit a new swagger/OAS document for every update to the model.

If I get permission to post the code, I will add it here later.

Thank you for your time,

Mitchel

Awesome @Mitchel Skees , +1 ,

Great workaround, It will be really nice if you can publish an article about same. I am sure it will help many others. Thank you again.

Most of the work I am referencing was done by @Tamás Nagy

I think it would be best if he did that instead.

Thanks again Tamas for your help with all of this!

Great work @Tamás Nagy, Thank you.