How to create non-human organization users (service accounts)?

Not applicable

I need some non-human users for CI, config management and monitoring automation. They do not belong to an individual specifically so their accounts couldn't be activated the typical way via email. Is there an apigee management API to perform user organization creation and management that can allow this?

Solved Solved
2 4 903
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, there is a management API,

the non-human organization user is usually referred to as a 'service account'

If you are using private cloud - API is listed in the 'ApigeeEdgePrivateCloud-Operations-Guide' under section 'Managing Users & Roles'

If you are using our cloud - pls create a support ticket,

Thanks,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Yes, there is a management API,

the non-human organization user is usually referred to as a 'service account'

If you are using private cloud - API is listed in the 'ApigeeEdgePrivateCloud-Operations-Guide' under section 'Managing Users & Roles'

If you are using our cloud - pls create a support ticket,

Thanks,

Hi Mukundha,

Thanks for reaching out. I am an apigee cloud user so I have raised a ticket for this.

Would be good to share this with the community as I could not find documentation about it.

Thanks,

Gonzalo

adas

@gonzalo.silva.cruz For cloud we do not recommend unnamed users that's the reason we don't want to promote through community. We use sso on cloud so the user needs to be activated by accepting the email link, which is not possible in your case so you can seek help from support. But remember this would mean, you would have to contact support in the event of password recovery if you forget the password sometime later. That's why its not recommended.

Thanks for the comments Arghya. Your advice is sensible but the need for a service account is still valid in this case. I will follow your and Mukundha's advice and reach out to apigee support.