extractvariables.ExecutionFailed

sidd-harth
Participant V

Hi guys, I'm trying to POST some JSON Data and then use extract and assign policies to save them in BaaS usergrid.

I have also included a Raise Fault policy to get an error if we didn't submit required fields.

In console when I add header and post a json in body and send as an POST request I get the following error.

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server ErrorContent-Length:153Connection:keep-aliveContent-Type:application/json{
  "fault": {
    "faultstring": "Failed to execute the ExtractVariables: Extract-Comments-Post",
    "detail": {
      "errorcode": "steps.extractvariables.ExecutionFailed"
    }
  }
}

I know that this error comes when there is no JSON payload and hence ExtractVariable policy fails to extract the data. But I'm posting json data in body. So how can I proceed with this?

I've attached the policy here,please have a look and suggest me what to do.

jokecomments-rev1-2015-04-06.zip

Solved Solved
0 4 3,273
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

Change this line to

<Source clearPayload="false">request.content</Source>

in your extract policy file and check.

Note: request.content instead of request

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable

Change this line to

<Source clearPayload="false">request.content</Source>

in your extract policy file and check.

Note: request.content instead of request

Hi @sriki77 ,I'm getting a new error...please check the screen-shot am I entering them correctly?

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server ErrorContent-Length:202Connection:keep-aliveContent-Type:application/json{
  "fault": {
    "faultstring": "ExtractVariables Extract-Comments-Post: Json path parsing failed for for flow variables request.content",
    "detail": {
      "errorcode": "steps.extractvariables.JsonPathParsingFailure"
    }
  }
}

275-screenshot-6.jpg

@Barahalikar Siddharth I do not see the image. can you please update. Also paste the JSON body you are posting.

@sriki77 It is solved I was entering invalid JSON data. Now post is working. Anyway thanks for replying.