Disable forum, blog, FAQ

Not applicable

I want to completely disable all forum, blog, and FAQ functionality in my portal. There are similar questions in this community but nothing covers removing these things completely.

They need to be removed from the navigation, from the routing (visiting www.myapisite.com/blog should 404 or redirect), and their content shouldn't be visible anywhere. How do I do this?

Solved Solved
0 4 484
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Josh Peterson ,

Welcome to Apigee Community 🙂

Yes, It's possible & quick. Please follow below instruction to resolve your query.

• Disabling Forum
    • Navigate to "admin/modules" page.
    • Disable "Advanced Forums" module & click save.
    • Disable "Forums" module & click save.
    • Navigate to "admin/structure/context/list/home/edit" and remove "View: Home Featured Forum Posts" from home page context & click save.

2728-screen-shot-2016-05-20-at-82106-am.png

2729-screen-shot-2016-05-20-at-82213-am.png

• Disabling Blog
    • Navigate to "admin/content" & filter posts by "Article", "Video", "Audio" & delete them in bulk using operations drop down.
    • Navigate to "admin/modules" , disable "devconnect_default_strucuture" module
    • Navigate to "admin/modules" , disable "devconnect_blog" module
  • Disabling FAQ
    • Navigate to "admin/modules" , disable "faq" module

Make sure you take backup before you make any changes so that you can rollback if something goes wrong. Keep us posted.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Josh Peterson ,

Welcome to Apigee Community 🙂

Yes, It's possible & quick. Please follow below instruction to resolve your query.

• Disabling Forum
    • Navigate to "admin/modules" page.
    • Disable "Advanced Forums" module & click save.
    • Disable "Forums" module & click save.
    • Navigate to "admin/structure/context/list/home/edit" and remove "View: Home Featured Forum Posts" from home page context & click save.

2728-screen-shot-2016-05-20-at-82106-am.png

2729-screen-shot-2016-05-20-at-82213-am.png

• Disabling Blog
    • Navigate to "admin/content" & filter posts by "Article", "Video", "Audio" & delete them in bulk using operations drop down.
    • Navigate to "admin/modules" , disable "devconnect_default_strucuture" module
    • Navigate to "admin/modules" , disable "devconnect_blog" module
  • Disabling FAQ
    • Navigate to "admin/modules" , disable "faq" module

Make sure you take backup before you make any changes so that you can rollback if something goes wrong. Keep us posted.

Thank you @Anil Sagar! This worked 100%.

I will add in case others find this later -

You must also go to "admin/structure/menus/main menu" and remove them. Go to edit, then uncheck enable. Or just delete.

Also, maybe I just need to update my admin module, but I couldn't see the content in the "admin/content" page at first because of a CSS bug. If I reduced the window size down to the mobile breakpoint, I could see them though and was able to change the settings I needed.

Awesome @Josh Peterson , Glad it worked. Thank you for sharing the menus use case.

@Anil Sagar @ Google

disabling "devconnect_default_strucuture" module also removes "Site-wide Default Footer" structure block from developer portal footer, not sure if this step is necessary in order to disable blogs?