Is possible to verify if an access token is associated to a product instance?

Not applicable

Hi All,

I have a doubt about the verify access token process.

Consider this scenario: if i have a product Apartment and there are more product instances as Apartment A (my apartment), Apartment B (your apartment) and so on. I know that the access token is associated to a product and not to a product instance through the client, so if I generate an access token for the product Apartment, could I have access to Apartment B (your apartment) with my access token? if it is possible, is this not correct?

Thanks,

Fabio

0 5 204
5 REPLIES 5

I think there is some confusion on the terminologies - Pls refer here for more details on the data model.

Are you referring to API product?

API Product has a collection of api proxies [and resources]. It is just a definition, there are no instances of it. An apikey is subscribed to one or more API products. An accesstoken is obtained by an app - so its always associated to an apikey [Application] and hence to a API product

Yep, I'm a little confused. Mi dispiace, ma, posso a speigare

"I know that the access token is associated to a product and not to a product instance through the client," ...

Not applicable

If you talk above example in term of proxy instead of product then yes .. you use the same access token for different proxy if all are bounded to same App.

Not applicable

Hi Fabio Vassallo

I think you could use Oauth2.0 policy(GenerateAccessToken) to verify the consumer key/secret belongs to particular product.

For more information, please check here.

https://community.apigee.com/questions/20774/validating-both-client-id-and-secret.html

Not applicable

Hi Fabio, I am a little confused about the term "Product Instance". Maybe you are referring to the the scope of a product?

If so, the scope of an access token is dependant on the scope of the product/s OR the scope of the developer app. Then when the VerifyAccessToken policy is called, if a scope is specified in the policy, then the access token scope must be defined in the policy to allow entry to the flow. This article here explains scopes and access tokens in great detail.

http://docs.apigee.com/api-services/content/working-scopes

Apologies if this is not what you are referring to when you mean "product instance" but it sounds similar to what you need. Let me know if you need more info on scopes.