Can we can disable url encoding while sending request to backend server and where does this encoding happen?

2 5 3,090
5 REPLIES 5

Yes it is possible by setting 'HTTPClient.urlencode.request.line=true' to false in http.properties on the message-processor and this URL encoding happens on the Message-Processor.

@Akash Prabhashankar Apigee Edge is managed by Apigee. Right? So, if need to change this setting (or any message processor level property in apigee edge for that matters), how will I do this?

We are running into a similar issue. We don't want to apply a global setting that impacts the platform and all 1500 APIs. We want to apply some setting to a particular API proxy that is having trouble decoding the query params. Is there a API proxy level setting? Thanks

@Akash Prabhashankar

We are running into a similar issue but don't want to do a global change since it impacts 150+ APIs. We want to do this at a specific API proxy level that is having trouble decoding query params. Is there a proxy level setting?

Thanks - nitin Kotian @ Guardian life

Hi @akashtp ,

I am facing the same issue. Query parameters are encoded before sending it to the target. Is there any way to apply the changes only to a particular API proxy?

Is there any way to apply the changes only to a particular API proxy?

No

I'm curious as to why it would be bad to encode query parameters. The rules for URL encoding are pretty clear. I think Apigee should encode things. But I would like to understand specifically what you are observing and why it is a problem.