Does Apigee provide webhooks/Integration to kick off a JIRA ticket when a new developer is created that requires permission from an administrator

Not applicable

When we create a new developer on the API platform and the new developer requires a manual approval from an administrator. I can see that the platform provides email notification but is it possible to automatically create a Jira ticket every time a new user is created and it requires approval?

So we are looking for a flow:

New App Developer (Requires manual approval) -> Email Notification & Automatically creates Jira task for the admin to complete approval

Solved Solved
1 9 1,019
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think the best way to do this would be via the Drupal Rules module.

Drupal, as you know, is a fully-featured CMS, and it's got many community-contributed modules. One of the modules is the Rules module, which is included with the standard Apigee Edge devportal installation, but not "enabled."

The Rules module allows a devportal administrator to configure events within the devportal to trigger actions. In this case, creation of a new developer account can trigger a webhook or API call , out to a Jira system to create a ticket.

To enable Rules,

1. login as Administrator on the dev portal.
  2. In the top navigation bar, click Modules.
  3. Search for "Rules".
  4. Enable it. Drupal will enable the module, then refresh the page.
  5. Click Configuration > Workflow > Rules
  6. Within there, you can configure a new rule, which kicks off a task when a new user is created.

For more on the Rules module, search and read the Drupal documentation on it.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

I think the best way to do this would be via the Drupal Rules module.

Drupal, as you know, is a fully-featured CMS, and it's got many community-contributed modules. One of the modules is the Rules module, which is included with the standard Apigee Edge devportal installation, but not "enabled."

The Rules module allows a devportal administrator to configure events within the devportal to trigger actions. In this case, creation of a new developer account can trigger a webhook or API call , out to a Jira system to create a ticket.

To enable Rules,

1. login as Administrator on the dev portal.
  2. In the top navigation bar, click Modules.
  3. Search for "Rules".
  4. Enable it. Drupal will enable the module, then refresh the page.
  5. Click Configuration > Workflow > Rules
  6. Within there, you can configure a new rule, which kicks off a task when a new user is created.

For more on the Rules module, search and read the Drupal documentation on it.

Hey Dino,

Thanks for providing the update. We have a further requirement to put certain products to manual approvals and when a developer creates a developer app and attaches the developer app with the product, we need to get an approval before giving him access with the generated keys. The requirement is the same to generate an JIRA ticket for an admin to approve the transaction.

I am having difficulty picking the Event type for this cutom Rule. Could you point me towards the right event type for the above scenario?

@TariqGhalib ,

You need to use Jira Rest Rules module along with Rules module. Rules module & Rules UI modules are available out of the box with Apigee Developer Portal. You need to enable the modules from "admin/modules" page.

Jira Rest Rules & Jira Rest modules you need to download from drupal.org & place them in "sites/all/modules/contrib" folder to enable them from "admin/modules" page.

Regarding Rule trigger event , You need to use "Upon Creation of developer app"

2727-screen-shot-2016-05-19-at-94755-pm.png

Hey Anil,

Can you please further direct me on how do I get to sites/all/modules/contrib folder. I don't seem to find a way to it. I think I need to FTP to company's devportal page at apigee server, I am trying it but that doesnt seem to get me access.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hey @TariqGhalib I will add it for you.

Great Thanks

@TariqGhalib , You can find more about pantheon dashboard where we host our cloud developer portals here. Keep us posted.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hey @TariqGhalib I have installed the modules and enabled them. You should see them appear in the "rules" options.

Tariq, does this article help?