JSON threat protection not working when sending request via postman REST client

Not applicable

Hello,

I came across this strange observation while testing my JSON threat protaction policy. Policy was working fine while testing through curl and mocha test framework but when i tested it through postman rest client it was not working. Can someone know what is happening ?

0 6 742
6 REPLIES 6

Not applicable

Hi,

Could you provide the contents of the policy and the curl call you were using?

policy content <ArrayElementCount>-1</ArrayElementCount> <ContainerDepth>1</ContainerDepth> <ObjectEntryCount>-1</ObjectEntryCount> <ObjectEntryNameLength>-1</ObjectEntryNameLength> <Source>request</Source> <StringValueLength>-1</StringValueLength> [only validating container depth] Here is the curl command : curl -X POST --header "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{"depth1":{"depth2":{"depth3":"value3"}}}' https://feistage-test.apigee.net/api/v1/test --verbose

Oh ! Looks like I missed content-type:application/json header in postman ! Issue is resolved ! 🙂

Can you trace the proxy and compare when calling from curl to calling from postman and share if that reveals any differences?

I couldn't find any difference in both requests

Oh ! Looks like I missed content-type:application/json header in postman ! Issue is resolved ! 🙂