I cant find radio button "Secure with OAuth v2.0 Access Tokens" radio button

Not applicable

I cant find radio button "Secure with OAuth v2.0 Access Tokens" radio button to create a new OAuth API Proxy on apigee Edge console

Solved Solved
1 5 167
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ravi,

There are two cases:

1. you are creating a new API proxy . For this you will use the "+API Proxy" button, and you will see a wizard, that presents a radio button for OAuth v2.0.
  2. you already HAVE an API Proxy, and you did not tick the radio button for "OAuth v2.0" when you created it. In this case, you can add in an OAuth v2.0 verification policy to that previously existing API proxy.

Here is case 1. Use the "New API Proxy" wizard in the Edge Admin UI, you will see the Radio button you seek!

Here is case 2. if you already have an API proxy, then you can just add in a new OAuth2.0 policy into the request flow. Here's a quick video showing how:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Ravi,

There are two cases:

1. you are creating a new API proxy . For this you will use the "+API Proxy" button, and you will see a wizard, that presents a radio button for OAuth v2.0.
  2. you already HAVE an API Proxy, and you did not tick the radio button for "OAuth v2.0" when you created it. In this case, you can add in an OAuth v2.0 verification policy to that previously existing API proxy.

Here is case 1. Use the "New API Proxy" wizard in the Edge Admin UI, you will see the Radio button you seek!

Here is case 2. if you already have an API proxy, then you can just add in a new OAuth2.0 policy into the request flow. Here's a quick video showing how:

Thanks dino,

Appreciate your prompt reply.

What's the best way to know if Iam on old or new version?

Ravi

When you log into Edge you should see a little version number in the lower right. E.g. when I log in today I see "Version 160504" -- what does yours say?

Just clarifying - those videos don't show an "old version" and a "new version" of Apigee Edge. It shows two cases: The first, in which you are creating a new API proxy . For this you will use the "+API Proxy" button, and you will see the wizard as shown in that video.

The second case, is the one in which you already HAVE an API Proxy, and you did not tick the radio button for "OAuth v2.0" when you created it. In this case, you can add in an OAuth v2.0 verification policy to that previously existing API proxy.

Not applicable

@Carlos

It is 160504.

Ravi