Artificial Intelligence

Not applicable

The buzz on the internet is that Chat Bots will come into prominence over the next few years, maybe replacing some mobile apps. Besides upgrading your Edge server to a newer Node version, is there anything in the realm of AI you might be offering through Apigee to help us developers?

Solved Solved
1 2 441
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

I am glad you asked this question. I have been thinking about the role of AI -- and I strongly believe that the bigger impact will be IA (intelligence amplification). Machine learning will aid humans make better decisions. Apigee already uses machine learning in a big way. Our operations predict failures, and help humans and bots make the right decisions. Our Apigee Sense product enable you to detect bots (and chatbots 🙂 attacking your APIs. The more the bots there are, the more you have to be able to differentiate between apps, human beings and bots -- and machine learning is the best way to do it. I do not call it AI, I call it IA.

We want to do more. We will, over time, give you access to intelligence that is available back to you in the API layer that you can use to build better apps. Watch this space.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

I am glad you asked this question. I have been thinking about the role of AI -- and I strongly believe that the bigger impact will be IA (intelligence amplification). Machine learning will aid humans make better decisions. Apigee already uses machine learning in a big way. Our operations predict failures, and help humans and bots make the right decisions. Our Apigee Sense product enable you to detect bots (and chatbots 🙂 attacking your APIs. The more the bots there are, the more you have to be able to differentiate between apps, human beings and bots -- and machine learning is the best way to do it. I do not call it AI, I call it IA.

We want to do more. We will, over time, give you access to intelligence that is available back to you in the API layer that you can use to build better apps. Watch this space.

Explore