Upgrading Edge's version of Node

Not applicable

Apparently Edge is running on Node - 0.10.32. When will you upgrade Edge to a more current version?

I recently had to switch my API from Edge to Heroku so I get Facebook's Messenger webhook to connect properly, it requires version 4. I've been with Apigee a long time and was disappointed I had to make this switch.

4 5 734
5 REPLIES 5

Node.js on Edge is provided via Trireme and right now, Trireme is not planning any future Node.js support that I'm aware of. That being said, we're aware that this is problematic and are currently in the process of changing Node.js on Edge from Trireme to a container-based solution. There is no ETA just yet but if you're an Apigee client, you should have access to the right people to get more information.

adas
Participant V

@raasdex Like @Jeremy Whitlock mentioned, node.js on Edge currently runs on trireme which only supports specific version of node.js as I quoted in my other post. We are moving to a new container based solution for running node on Edge, which is currently in the works. I am not sure in what stage of development it is right now, but we might have an alpha version in the next couple of months.

Yes, alpha version is not too far. I have added you @raasdex in the list of folks to notify when alpha is ready.

@Jeremy Whitlock, @arghya das it’s good to hear you are working on a solution, but of course I can’t wait a couple of months to learn about communicating with Chat bots using Messenger. I’m sure once you get Node upgraded I can move my API back to Edge. I love Apigee as my BaaS and want to continue my development on Edge.

One side note, I just posted a question upon the BaaS/Usergrid forum entitled: “Messenger Chat Bot followup and Heroku problem”, could you take a quick look? I can’t get the Heroku Node app to accept the Usergrid module.

Any word on when the container-based solution will be available? And can I be added to the notification list?