Can I view full request body without third party system?

Not applicable

I am very new to Apigee and I feel like I must be missing something here. How can I view the FULL request body in Apigee when doing a Trace? Is this possible without using a third party system like Loggly? My searches seem to all come back to using another logging system.

I am trying to debug a SOAP to REST service that is not working and I cannot seem to get the entire XML body that is being sent. Even when I download the Trace Session the body is truncated.

Solved Solved
1 4 1,614
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable
@Ryan Peel

You can try to log the message.content and you should be able to view it. As @GargiTalukdar said, you can use assign message policy or a Java script. Just try "context.setVariable("FullBody","message.content").

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Ryan Peel, you can try assigning the request payload to a variable using either Assign Message policy or JS policy. Then you can view the content of the variable in Trace.

Not applicable
@Ryan Peel

You can try to log the message.content and you should be able to view it. As @GargiTalukdar said, you can use assign message policy or a Java script. Just try "context.setVariable("FullBody","message.content").

Thanks for the help. I used context.setVariable("FullBody",request.body) and got the full body that was not truncated.

adas
Participant V

@Ryan Peel Viewing it in trace would be the easiest thing to do, and I guess the folks above already mentioned how to do it. However please note that trace only shows a limited payload so if your payload is large enough it will truncate your payload and show a part of your request. If you want to capture the entire payload, you can use the message logging policy to log the whole payload but unless you are on-premise you cannot log to local disk since you won't have access to the log files, hence third party systems like loggly or splunk.