Deployment of proxy along with creation

Not applicable

Hi,

Whenever we create a new proxy in test environment, it gets deployed automatically along with creation. But when we create a proxy in any other environment, we have to deploy it separate manually. Can we achieve deployment of proxy at the time of creation in environments other than test?

Regards,

Sadiq.

Solved Solved
0 7 212
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adas

@Sadiq Hussain If you are doing it with APIs, then you must be calling two different apis - one to create/import the proxy and the other to deploy the proxy. I am not sure, if you are using apigeetool or something to deploy.

The deployment api usually takes environment as one of the parameters. You need to make sure you are passing the correct environment along with your call. The deployment api can only deploy to one environment at a time, so you would have to make multiple calls if you want to deploy to different environments. If you are using apigeetool, then there are chances that the its configured to deploy to test environment by default.

For more details on the deployment apis, please refer to our docs:

http://docs.apigee.com/api-services/content/deploy-api-proxies-using-management-api

For details about apigeetool, please visit the github project URL here

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

@Sadiq Hussain ,

New API Proxy create wizard allows you to choose the environment to which proxy will be deployed while creating same. You can choose multiple environments to deploy while creating same. See screenshot below.

2621-deploy.png

Keep us posted if you have any queries.

@Anil Sagar Thank you for your response Anil. Sorry that I forgot to mention that i am using apis to create and deploy the proxies.

Is there a way to do it through apis?

Not applicable

@Anil Sagar Thank you for your response Anil. Sorry that I forgot to mention that i am using apis to create and deploy the proxies.

Is there a way to do it through apis?

adas

@Sadiq Hussain If you are doing it with APIs, then you must be calling two different apis - one to create/import the proxy and the other to deploy the proxy. I am not sure, if you are using apigeetool or something to deploy.

The deployment api usually takes environment as one of the parameters. You need to make sure you are passing the correct environment along with your call. The deployment api can only deploy to one environment at a time, so you would have to make multiple calls if you want to deploy to different environments. If you are using apigeetool, then there are chances that the its configured to deploy to test environment by default.

For more details on the deployment apis, please refer to our docs:

http://docs.apigee.com/api-services/content/deploy-api-proxies-using-management-api

For details about apigeetool, please visit the github project URL here

@arghya das

So we cannot club create/import and deploy using apis?

No, those are meant to be 2 separate calls to import and then deploy. That's how it should be, if you want to import a new revision for an existing proxy that is deployed and taking production traffic. Else incoming calls would fail for that api proxy, which is not a good user experience. The UI wizard does this for you, when you create a new api proxy by making these chain of calls in the background. You can do the same using apis, like I already mentioned. Please click on accept if this answers your question.

@arghya das

Thank you