Open API import option for importing FILES rather than URLs?

Not applicable

Im running into a pretty interesting problem: I want to generate reverse proxies using open api json documents - but the UI only allows HTTP/HTTPS access to these documents. Within myorganization the UI server is located in a place that has no external network access. So it cannot reach the API source servers. it cannot reach out to the internet.

Anyone have a solution for this? At the moment i am simply unable to use this (MUCH DESIRED AND WAITED FOR) feature.

1 12 1,386
12 REPLIES 12

@Benjamin Goldman ,

Completely, Agree with you. File upload is more useful than URL.

As a workaround, for now, You can use swagger2api command line tool, We will keep you posted regarding above feature.

I cant have people w/ no infrastructure access but the UI do this...

Hi @Benjamin Goldman If you have admin access on the Developer portal, you could upload the OpenAPI (Swagger) file and use that URL to import in Edge. This is just an easy work around till file upload is supported.

By default Developer Portal does not allow you to upload a .json file. You need to edit the "Default allowed file extensions" under Home » Administration » Configuration » Media » File settings. Then upload from Home » Administration » Content screen.

Hope this helps!

@sudheendra1 , Just FYI, If i am not wrong, above question is related to Apigee Edge UI not developer portal.

Right! Since Edge does not support uploading OpenAPI files, you need a place to host them. I am suggesting to use Developer portal for that. Once you upload a file to Portal (as a generic Drupal file upload), you get an URL that can be used in Edge to create an API proxy.

Ahh got it, thank you @sudheendra1

couple of points:

1) that makes this feature more or less useless on prem out of the box - especially in an organization with an expectation of "do it yourself" providers

2) doesnt solve the other problems:

a) no access from the UI to the internet at large

b) no ability to set a network proxy so maybe the ui can use a proxy to access the interenet

c) no ability to access private ip addresses (which would probably be the ones that my private cloud install can talk to..) because the UI loader is failing on anything thats in a 10.x or 192.168.x space...

I agree it's painful to host the spec outside of Edge. I know the file upload feature is coming and will solve the problem. What I proposed is just a workaround till the file upload option is supported.

@Sudhee Sreedhara

Any idea when File upload feature will be released to private edge version?

@Benjamin Goldman , I have experienced this issue earlier, I have used http://myjson.com/ to store my openApi spec to reference using URL.

i cant access URLs external to my organization w/o using a proxy -- which i cant seem to set for the UI for just this feature...

Not applicable