How is defined client ID ?

Not applicable

I am using Management API to do some stuff so I get clients ID. I want to link them to an application ID but I don't know how to do it.

I have the consumer key & secret for every app. Is there a link between all these variables ?

Solved Solved
1 10 834
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@maximemoulie ,

For your reference , please find attached pic, keep us posted if you still have any queries / let us know if your query is resolved.

2593-keys-concept.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

@maximemoulie ,

Client Id is nothing but "Consumer Key" / "API Key" of the Developer App. Consumer secret is always associated with consumer key. They are used in securing API Proxy using techniques like oAuth & Verify API key Policy. You can find more about same here in Verify API Key Policy.

Can you please provide more details regarding "I want to link them to an application" ? Are you using same in analytics ? Would you like to see application name along with client ids (API Keys / Consumer Keys ) ?

On one side I have client ID On the other side I have app ID, consumer key & consumer secret

How can I know which is the client ID of an app ?

PS : what is API key ?

Client Id & APP Id are two different things. Client Id (Consumer Key / API Key / App Key) can change for an app when you re-generate keys. You will re-generate keys when you find out Developer App keys are compromised. App id is machine Id which doesn't change & unique.

API Key == Consumer key == App Key == Client Id , They are all same. Just different words. I know it's confusing a lot 🙂 Developers use same name in various contexts. Keep us posted if you have any queries.

@maximemoulie ,

For your reference , please find attached pic, keep us posted if you still have any queries / let us know if your query is resolved.

2593-keys-concept.png

Thanks for your explanation.

So here is my problem now, I want to do stats on the past using API Management.

I can get the link between a app ID and a client ID at time T

But if I want to do stats on the past (at time T-1) and that the client ID has changed, it is not possible based on what you explained.

And it is not possible to get stats by app ID (only client ID or developer ID)

Do you see a way to link stats in the past to an app at time T?

To be concise, is there a way to identify an app using dimensions available in Custom Reports ?

You got the "Developer App" dimension in the custom reports, Am i missing something here ?

Yes but Developper App is the name of the app. We cannot be sure that this name is unique, right ?

@maximemoulie , Developer App name is always unique within organisation, once created it can't be changed / updated. you can change display name of app but not app name.

Short Answer, It's always unique & doesn't change in lifetime of app.

@maximemoulie , Glad your query is resolved. I see you marked this question as closed with comment right answer is accepted. You can also click on accept link below the answer to mark the right answer. Thank you 🙂