How can we change the timeout value for the Edge UI session ?

The Edge UI session seems to be valid for more than 24 hours. Even if I close the browser window and reopen it the next day, I can still get into the UI without having to enter my user credentials again. Is there some way to change the session timeout value for Edge UI on Private Cloud setup ?

Solved Solved
0 5 3,679
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

We can set the property session.maxAge in /<install_dir>/apigee4/conf/ui/application.conf to modify the timeout period for the Edge UI session. It takes the “duration” as follows:

d for day,

h for hour and

m for minute.

For example:

To set the session timeout for 1 hour, you can set it as follows

session.maxAge=1h 

To set the session timeout for 30 mins, you can set it as follows

session.maxAge=30m 

After making the changes, please do restart the UI and it should work.

View solution in original post

Dear @Akash Prabhashankar,

In the public cloud setup, you can change the property session.maxAge to an appropriate value in the UI servers in the file /opt/apigee/<ui-release>/conf/application.conf

Regards,

Amar

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

We can set the property session.maxAge in /<install_dir>/apigee4/conf/ui/application.conf to modify the timeout period for the Edge UI session. It takes the “duration” as follows:

d for day,

h for hour and

m for minute.

For example:

To set the session timeout for 1 hour, you can set it as follows

session.maxAge=1h 

To set the session timeout for 30 mins, you can set it as follows

session.maxAge=30m 

After making the changes, please do restart the UI and it should work.

@AMAR DEVEGOWDA What is the scene in case of a cloud deployment?

Dear @Akash Prabhashankar,

In the public cloud setup, you can change the property session.maxAge to an appropriate value in the UI servers in the file /opt/apigee/<ui-release>/conf/application.conf

Regards,

Amar

Not applicable

@AMAR DEVEGOWDA This property timesout user even user actively working. for example I set the time out as 20 minutes now even if a user is actively working edge is timing out that user at 20 min. and this cause for data loss, I faced this myself, I lost my 15 min work and I had to redo it. please advise. we are currently on 15.07 version of Edge.

@Akash Prabhashankar do you face this issue ?

For Edge version 16.01 onwards the below steps are to be followed to modify the UI session timeout value:

You can configure the session timeout be setting the conf_application_session.maxAge property in the /<inst_root>/apigee/customer/application/ui.properties file.

To set this property:

1. Open the ui.properties file in an editor: > vi /<inst_root>/apigee/customer/application/ui.properties

2. Set conf_application_session.maxAge as a time value and time unit. Time units can be:

• m, minute, minutes
  • h, hour, hours
  • d, day, days For example, set conf_application_session.maxAge as: 30m, 12h, 2d.
  • 3. Save your changes.

4. Restart the Edge UI:

> /<inst_root>/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service edge-ui restart