Dev portal : Smartdocs page shows "Working...", never shows the response from the API

Hi,

We have an on-prem OPDK 4.15.07:00

I was able to send successful requests from DEVPORTAL onto EDGE using smartdocs pages. But even after there has been a response from the backend (both 200 and non-200 responses), Devportal continues to show the "Working..." message, and there is nothing shown in the response body

How will i be able to see the response on Devportal UI?

Any help on this is appreciated

Thanks

Vednath

1 2 245
2 REPLIES 2

Yes, I believe what is happening is.. there is an uncaught exception occurring in the browser-resident Javascript code that handles the response from the API call.

When this happens, the logic that turns off the "Working..." message is not reached.

To diagnose this, to find out exactly where the problem is occurring, you would need to use the developer tools within your browser (Chrome dev tools, IE dev tools, Safari dev tools, Firefox Firebug). Open the developer tools console, then invoke the smartdocs request. In the Console, you should see an exception being flagged.

This will tell you where the exception occurs.

If you're savvy you can hot-patch the JS code to catch the exception, and allow execution to continue.

if that's not what you want to spend time doing, then you can pass this information to Apigee Support who will help you further.

devportal-console.jpg

Hi @Dino,

I did not see any exception being caught in my browser console, attached is the screenshot for same. I have already raise it with support.