Isolating your Dev Portal Environments

Not applicable

We have both an internal and external Dev Portal. Each of those have 3 environments for a total of 6. We want to be able to load an API Model and publish an API but only in the 1 environment. What currently is happening is that you load in 1 (or delete) you are doing it in all environments.

0 8 291
8 REPLIES 8

@eric.smith1 ,

Agree, SmartDocs API models reflect across all environments since they are connected to the same org. Smartdocs stores information about API Models in a data store called API Modelling which is tied to an org. Ideally, they need to be isolated. I don't think it will happen unless we change the architecture of smartdocs & developer portal.

BTB, Creating API Model & Publishing same in developer portal are two different actions. When you publish / render smartdocs, you are going to create "Drupal Nodes" of smartdocs content type which are nothing but actual html pages that you see in the frontend. I don't think publishing same in 1 environment will reflect in other environments. So, end users will never know about other API Models.

Here is what I suggest,

• Create API Model Names, with environment suffix.
    • For example, PAYMENTAPI_DEV , PAYMENTAPI_TEST, PAYEMENTAPI (prod)
  • Publish above api models selectively in respective environements.
  • Send a note to the team so that they don't accidentally delete in other environments.

Keep us posted if you have any queries.

Is there a setting that can be configured to select which org a model is associated with?

@Mitchel Skees , Developer portal is always connected to single org. When you create a model, it's always associated with org that has been configured with developer portal.

We have an internal org and an external org for management UI along with an internal dev portal and an external dev portal. However, both dev portals point to the same org. So we need to configure this setting to point each developer portal to the correct org.

Is there a setting that can be configured to select which org a model is associated with?

@Mitchel Skees , You need to use drush command line tool to update org connection details of developer portal. Find commands here. Keep us posted if you have any queries.

Hey Anil, is there a setting in the portal code that can change this? I do not have access to the server to run console commands against but I do have access to the code base and can push changes that way.

@Mitchel Skees , Are you on cloud - pantheon ? You can request Apigee support team to change the org OR you can send me current portal URL & new org name , i can do the changes for you. BTB, if your above query is resolved, please click on accept link below the answer to mark it as right answer so that it will be helpful for others too.

@eric.smith1 will have to be the one to accept or decline the answer. As for me this answered my questions. Thank you Anil.