are the EDGE components in edge micro 2.0 updated?

Not applicable

i didnt see anything highlighted - so I figured id ask. I would like to avoid having to update edge proxies if I can.

Solved Solved
0 3 120
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nope, those did not change. 2.0 should continue working with edgemicro-auth proxy that got deployed as part of previous configuration. Biggest change is getting away from agent to make operating and debugging easier which resulted into some config file changes locally that were not backward compatible hence major version upgrade.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nope, those did not change. 2.0 should continue working with edgemicro-auth proxy that got deployed as part of previous configuration. Biggest change is getting away from agent to make operating and debugging easier which resulted into some config file changes locally that were not backward compatible hence major version upgrade.

Thanks. Couple of things:

1) we have a decent deploy method going on right now that i want to see if you guys want shared.

2) i need to get with you guys sometime next week to get a look at the "go forward" roadmap for this. I am planning a rather huge and important POC that centers around edge micro right now and want to make sure that its a win.. and that we dont get blown up by any major changes.

Please feel free to share with rest of community. Sharing is good most of the time. 🙂

No blowing up for a given major version release. My recommendation would be to switch to 2.0.0 if you can though. I will send you a note.