For the marketing purpose, we would like to create a a user-specific link for people to refer others to the Registration site . How do we configure it through apigee?

Not applicable

How to use a registration URL parameter to include an ID for who referred them?

Suppose if we refer some developers to register in our developer portal. We need to create links with ID for the specific person who referred him. By that way we can easily identify who referred the developer to Register in our site.

0 2 202
2 REPLIES 2

you need 2 things

1. Generating a referral URL, usually of the form --> referral.xyz.com/<token-identifiying-user>

<token-identifiying-user> - this could be some sort of token that will identify the user - using a userid in your system might not be a good idea.

I would recommend using a JWT[Json web token] - with encoded user information and scope allowing token to be used only for referrer identification.

You can create a JWT proxy in apigee to issue tokens for this purpose

2. When some referral comes in with the link - using the token you can identify who the referrer was and do some task based on your need

you could use the same JWT proxy to perform this validation

Thanks

Not applicable

@Mukundha Madhavan Thanks for the response. I tried installing JSON Web Token Authentication module, But I could not see it in the admin->modules->configuration, We are using drupal version 7, Is this module compatible only with drupal 8? Is there any other way where we can implement it?