Proxy chaining and Edge Cloud plan quota

Since proxy chaining calls now stay within the MP, are those call counted against the quota for an Edge Cloud plan?

Solved Solved
3 7 4,999
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes. Every call that comes through the proxy chain is counted as if it was any other request.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Yes. Every call that comes through the proxy chain is counted as if it was any other request.

Just to be clear: if I have a proxy chain of 2 proxies (e.g. client calls proxy A that then calls proxy B via LocalTargetConnection), would that count as 1 call in my apigee-edge plan?

Hey @JP Aragon - Just ran across this. Thanks for posting. We should update the docs with this, but I want to make sure. Per @andreacaligiuri's use case, where A is chained to B through a local proxy connection, not a network hop:

app calls -> A -> B

You're saying that would be 2 API calls against plan quota?

Thanks!

Hi @Floyd Jones

Please let me know if this was confirmed and documented ? If yes please share the location of documentation.

This info kinda contradicts with this community post and proxy chaining docs , as proxy chaining execution looks like 1 call from client to apigee edge and response back to client from same MP.

@JP Aragon, just want to confirm this for the docs. If a proxy is called, and that proxy calls another proxy locally, is that 2 API calls against customer API plan quota?

@jaragon

In case the the proxy which is being called has QUOTA policy, then it will definitely count.

Thanks @gbhandari . For this particular question this is addressing the quota for a paid Edge cloud plan rather than a quota policy, but you are right.