Dev portal - key management / discovery for internal developers

Question: Within the Dev Portal, users register their applications and are granted an API Key. For internal users, I could easily foresee multiple application developers from the same development team each re-registering the same application so that they can each get an API Key for testing purposes. (This probably wouldn't happen as much in Prod, but for Test environments, I could see this happening.) This would be undesirable, whereas it would defeat our ability to get accurate analytics on application usage. How do we prevent this? Should only the application owner register the app, and then manually share the key with their developers? Is there a way to have multiple registered developers linked to a single application, so that they could all have access to the API Key from the Dev Portal? Otherwise, these credentials could be sloppily passed around via emails and sticky notes, which could be dangerous. Notes: I've sited using manual approval and using curl to list out products/dev/app/keys. Are there other ways to approach this scenario? TIA

Solved Solved
1 1 340
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thought of something else. The values for dev keys could also be stored in vaults and shared that way.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Thought of something else. The values for dev keys could also be stored in vaults and shared that way.