apigee 16.01 no internet connection setup w/o java

Not applicable

Hi,

I am running the 'Install Edge apigee-setup utility on a node with no external Internet connection' step in the guide. Can the distribution server be built safely w/o Java?

Also: The first thing I have noticed is that the setup of the distribution server REQUIRES internet connectivity - so this is a little misleading.

0 5 171
5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

Hi Benjamin,

You will need internet connection to setup local repo. Once completed, you should be able to proceed without it. I don't see need for Java on the server that hosts local repo. I assume that by distribution server you mean the server hosting the local repo.

I do mean the server hosting the local repo. ill try this again in a bit w/o installing java and see what happens!

david_ryan
Participant V

I believe you need java because you need to run bootstap.sh which checks for java, in order to install the apigee-mirror package. I set this up a couple weeks ago and works slick except I did need to figure out a way for that single server to get access to the internet.

Let me know if you have any ?'s.

im PROBABLY going to encapulate this into some recipe or something (combination terraform + something (not puppet))

Not applicable

So here is the reality:

No Java Required:

If you do the downloads and build a Tarball.

Java Required:

If you wish to install the nginx webserver and move forward that way.