How to reset a lost sysadmin password on Apigee Edge OPDK 16.01?

I have seen the kbarticle about resetting the lost sysadmin password on Apigee Edge OPDK, from @jhunt@apigee.com. The description there says that it applies to "15.01 and newer". However, in OPDK 16.01, I cannot find a chpasswd-system.sh file anywhere in the system.

find /opt/apigee -name chpasswd-system.sh returns nothing.

How can I reset the sys admin password on openldap for Edge 16.01 ?

0 5 939
5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

This can be achieved using apigee-service module in 16.01:

/opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service edge-management-server change_sysadmin_password -o oldpassword -n newpassword

Thanks,

Archnedra

Discovered a problem in Apigee change_sysadmin_password script. If your new password is say "Apigee$1234", then the script will interpret the value of password as "Apigee" only. The script assumes $ as end of input.

Unlike with the chpasswd-system.sh script in 15.01 to 15.07, additional steps are needed to also reset the UI password in 16.01.

The Ops guide lists all of them under "Reset System Admin Password":

1. 1) On the UI node, stop the Edge UI:

> /opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service edge-ui stop

2. 2) On the Management Server, run the following command to reset the password:

> /opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service edge-management-server change_sysadmin_password -o currentPW -n newPW

3) Edit the silent config file that you used to install the Edge UI to set the following properties:

APIGEE_ADMINPW=newPW
     SMTPHOST=smtp.gmail.com
     SMTPPORT=465
     SMTPUSER=foo@gmail.com
     SMTPPASSWORD=bar
     SMTPSSL=y

Note that you have to include the SMTP properties when passing the new password because all properties on the UI are reset.

1. 4) Use the apigee-setup utility to reset the password on the Edge UI from the config file:> /<inst_root>/apigee/apigee-setup/bin/setup.sh -p ui -f configFile
  2. 5) Start the Edge UI on the UI node:

> /<inst_root>/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service edge-ui start

Is there any chance to set the password, if I don't have the silent config file?

I have only some copies somewhere else, and don't want to damage the whole topology just trying to reset the password. I know that some entries (e.g. postgres password) do not match the as-is state...

Not applicable