Open API Specification

Is there any tool which can help me to generate Open API specification out of existing API proxy in apigee edge?

Solved Solved
1 5 1,101
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Sunandita Dam just to add to what @Anil Sagar has already shared, there is work in progress to add a variety of OpenAPI features to Apigee Edge.

We are actively working on enabling an existing API Proxy to be directly exported into OpenAPI spec format although we don't have a specific timeframe yet for when this will be released but it is coming.

We also recently released a feature that enables you to create a new API Proxy in Edge by importing an OpenAPI Spec. I know that's the opposite of what you were asking but I felt it might be useful in case you were not aware.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@Sunandita Dam ,

Great question, take a look at below tools,

Apigee2Swagger :

Api2Swagger :

Swagger2Api:

Thanks Anil. Believe it should serve the purpose.

@Sunandita Dam , I have updated above answer with more tools, Also take a look at Api2Swagger which should be very useful.

Just FYI, API spec became open source & now it's called OPEN API. I have updated question to reflect that. You can find more about same here. SmartBear Software is donating the Swagger Specification directly to the OAI as the basis of this Open Specification.

@Sunandita Dam just to add to what @Anil Sagar has already shared, there is work in progress to add a variety of OpenAPI features to Apigee Edge.

We are actively working on enabling an existing API Proxy to be directly exported into OpenAPI spec format although we don't have a specific timeframe yet for when this will be released but it is coming.

We also recently released a feature that enables you to create a new API Proxy in Edge by importing an OpenAPI Spec. I know that's the opposite of what you were asking but I felt it might be useful in case you were not aware.