Registering an application for a group instead of a single user?

Not applicable

I know that when an application is registered in the developer portal it is associated with a single developer account. One of the business needs from our University is that an application be owned by more than one user. We have turn over of developers and it would be easier for an application to be owned by a group rather than a single individual. Has anybody figured out how to do this?

2 5 135
5 REPLIES 5

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hi @jose.cedeno that's an interesting use case. Can you elaborate what "ownership" should imply in this case? Does it mean that any developer can make changes to the app configuration? Does it mean that they (developers) need to be able to see analytics for that "co-owned" app when they login to the Developer Portal? How about creating a Developer entry in the org which represents a group of developers? Just brainstorming with you here.

We use CAS for single sign on to the developer portal. That means our accounts are tied to user accounts in our organization. The main need that we have is that we don't a single developer doesn't own an application (api keys), but rather a department / organization. Developers in the same department (group) should be able to view the keys or make changes to the registered application.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Makes sense. I know there was some work being done in that area to make a company level app concept enabled where many developers under a company could co-own the app. I don't believe that has been productized quite yet. @Gitesh Koli FYI

Not applicable

Thanks, I had looked at the code that the devconnect module uses and it seems that the issue is that the API Management Edge service has as a concept that an app belongs to one dev user.

I think the only workaround for now would be to add a custom attribute to apps when registering them and using a custom field for users in Drupal. I would then have to use a drupal hook to modify the "my apps" page to display a list of apps registered by other people in the same group as the currently logged in user.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Similar. When customers purchase the monetization module, there is a concept of a Company App that becomes enabled/available. As I mentioned the work being done (custom drupal module) was to make a similar concept available to non monetization orgs.