Adding a new app to dev portal and testing an api through dev portal console

Hi,

We have an on-prem apigee installtion (opdk 4.15.07). We have recently installed DEV portal in our environment and are learning the intricacies about the same.

Issue 1

I was successfully able to create a model and associate a wadl/swagger to the model. But when testing the endpoints configured on model it always gives me an internal service error. On doing a trace on the Edge to see of the requests are actually hitting my edge i dont see any incoming traffic. The URL generated by apigee model generator code as well as our own swagger definition both seem to be as per our expectation and are reflected as expected on the DEV portal console.

When i use the default weather api i can see a successful response

Issue 2

When trying to add an app through the Developer portal it always leads me to no page found.

I do not have root level permissions on our server to look into the logs of dev portal. Any help/direction is highly appreciated

0 2 348
2 REPLIES 2

Former Community Member
Not applicable

@vednath pittala would be worth while to check a couple of things. Is your API doc pointing to the correct URL that is proxied through Edge? Another thing to check is if the Developer Portal is configured correctly has the right settings for:

"Management API Organization"

"Management API Endpoint URL"

You can do this by logging in as an admin into the dev portal: /Configuration / Dev Portal

Hi @Prithpal Bhogill the api doc is pointing to the correct URL proxies through edge. I had a discussion with one of the apigee support engineers about it and it was found that apigee dev portal by design seems to forward the request via apigee cloud. We are therefore trying to figure out how to forward the request through our private cloud. This seems to be a config change at multiple places. Thanks for responding to this post !