Can I add a java callout to a micro gateway aware api proxy and would it execute the policy if I hit the request on the Apigee Edge ?

Not applicable

0 4 289
4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable

Hi Naveen, Please can you explain a little bit more? You should be able to add a java callout without any problems. See documentation Java Callout Maybe a service call out can do it too and I think it is simpler: Service Callout

I am also wondering why you would want to do this.

Hmm this question sounds a little bit odd. 🙂 API calls flowing through Microgateway are executed on Microgteway which has provisions to plug your plugins written in Node.js. The runtime does not execute on Edge. When you define edgemicro_ proxy on Edge for Microgateway, Microgateway uses that to get base path and target API. You are not supposed to add any policy on edgemicro_proxy because it wont get executed. Hence anything i.e XML policy, callouts, you add to edgemicro_ proxy on Edge will not have any impact on Microgateway runtime.

Hope this explains.

Another point to clarify, proxies marked for Microgateway i.e the ones prefixed with edgemicro_ are not supposed to be accessed through Edge but through the IP/server where Microgateway is running. These are "marker" proxies on Edge and don't have any logic in it.