How to remove or set default value for "(not set)" in Analytics??

Not applicable

Hi All,

I created one custom report for all the errors encountered for the proxy and the policy is generating the error.

My report matrix and dimensions are as follows:

2252-analytics1.jpg

When selected a range I am getting report as follows:

2253-analytics2.jpg

Now for error code 500 I want to check what all policy caused 500 error, which I am getting indeed.

2254-analytics3.jpg

But the thing is there is one more value with "Policy Name on Error" = "(not set)" which is coming probably because the error is not from any policy, rather it is from the target.

Now how can I remove this from the report or is there any way to set some other value (any default value)?

Thanks.

Solved Solved
1 5 1,002
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Vipul Agarwal ,

Yes, you are right. "Not Set" is due to some other error other than specific policy error. Yes, It's mostly due to target error & there might me some other reason like missing target server etc. That's the reason you see "Not Set" as one of the row in the report. I believe it's as per design otherwise you never know where is the source of these errors & error count doesn't match when you drill down.

Find more about same here.

@Vipul Agarwal If you would like to hide (not set) then add filter condition, I have just verified same & working as expected.

2256-screen-shot-2016-03-26-at-74603-pm.png

2257-screen-shot-2016-03-26-at-75037-pm.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Vipul Agarwal The terms "na", "unknown", "not set", and "(not set)" displayed in analytics reports all mean the value for a given field of a transaction is not available. Please reference http://apigee.com/docs/analytics-services/content/why-am-i-seeing-analytics-entity-named-na regarding the detailed explanation for possible reasons.

@sudheendra1, @Anil Sagar:

I got the reason that why this "(not set)" is coming. But is there a way to hide this. I don't want to see this "(not set)" in my reports. Can we put some condition or filter criteria so that it does not appear in the report?

@Vipul Agarwal ,

Yes, you are right. "Not Set" is due to some other error other than specific policy error. Yes, It's mostly due to target error & there might me some other reason like missing target server etc. That's the reason you see "Not Set" as one of the row in the report. I believe it's as per design otherwise you never know where is the source of these errors & error count doesn't match when you drill down.

Find more about same here.

@Vipul Agarwal If you would like to hide (not set) then add filter condition, I have just verified same & working as expected.

2256-screen-shot-2016-03-26-at-74603-pm.png

2257-screen-shot-2016-03-26-at-75037-pm.png

@Vipul Agarwal , Check updated answer above to hide (not set) in reports.

@Anil Sagar: Thanks a lot.