link developer portal and Apigee edge on my on premise version of Apigee

Not applicable

I have on premise version of apigee BETA edge and dev portal. but i am unable to configure management UI for dev portal. can anyone help me on this.?

Any response is appreciated 🙂

0 28 997
28 REPLIES 28

@prasad nikumbh , Usually, You will configure connection settings between portal & edge during dev portal installation. Did you install dev portal by navigating to http://wwww.yourportal.com/install.php ?

Not applicable

Thanks anil for the response. actually i have almost 20+ api proxy setup on my edge. but i am not able to access them on my developer portal.

what i mean is, need to document all the apis that i have configured on management portal.can u help me in the same.

Thanks

@prasad nikumbh , I am missing something here, Again, Did you configure Apigee Edge settings while installing dev portal ? Is your Dev Portal up & running ? Do you see option to create APPs & Api Products listing on app creation screen ?

Not applicable

yes i can see the options. also i am the administrator of both the portals. i can also see the developer apps that i have created on apigee edge management portal. but i want to expose the APIs for my team.

You mean document APIs using Apigee Developer Portal smartdocs ?

Not applicable

2244-screen-shot-2016-03-25-at-21534-pm.png

look i have successfully connected to management portal

You mean API products are not visible in App creation screen ? API Proxies are not exposed directly to APP Developers, They are bundled & exposed via API Products.

I am still trying to understand what exactly is the issue here ? Can you post screenshot or something to better understand same. I do see your dev portal is successfully connected to Apigee Edge. Please keep us posted with more details.

Not applicable

yes exactlly.I need smartdocs option on my dev portal.

@prasad nikumbh ,

If you are looking for documentation using SmartDocs you need API spec like WSDL or OpenAPI Spec (Swagger). Once you write API Spec using Open API , you can upload same to Apigee SmartDocs to generate API Documentation.

Please find below documentation that will help you get started. Keep us posted if you have any queries.

2245-screen-shot-2016-03-25-at-23755-pm.png

@ anil , i cant see smart docs option before dashboard. can u please tell me whats the issue.

2247-screen-shot-2016-03-25-at-30939-pm.png

@prasad nikumbh , It should be under Content, Content -> Smartdocs. Make sure smartdocs module is enabled in "admin/modules" page.

thanks anil, but it is asking for enabling SSL for smartdocs. how do i get that

@prasad nikumbh , Please find doc related to same here.

hi anil thanks for the help. i dont know but somehow i have changed setting in modules option. and being an administrator still i am not able able to see smartdocs and other option. please help me on this to revert my changes. even the options are visible to other administators users of my dev portal.

screen-shot-2016-03-28-at-103323-am.png

You mean just for your user "Admin Menu" is not visible on top ?

no for all admin users... it is not visible

hey anil, is there any other way we can chat continuosly

@Anil Sagar look. all admins are having same screen.

@prasad nikumbh , Seems like your customizations taken away admin toolbar on top. Make sure you have admin access to re-enable same.

How to verify same ?

* If you navigate to "admin/modules" page you will see list of modules.

How to bring back Admin Toolbar ?

* Re-Enabled modules called Administration Menu & Administration menu Adminimal Theme

2267-screen-shot-2016-03-28-at-105310-am.png

@Anil Sagar but i have tried logging in with all admin users. still no one is able to see that admin menu.

is there any other way to enabel it

@prasad nikumbh , Check my above comment that explains how to enable same.

i thinks my customization has affected everybody's account. and hence none of them are able to view the admin menu. is this possible ?

becoz we have a total 3 admin users for this portal, changing my settings ideally should not affect others admins ..right?

@prasad nikumbh , You have full access to portal. If you disable a module / change configuration it will be reflected across the portal & also among other admins. Apigee Dev Portal is built on top of famous open source CMS Drupal. I would suggest to get a drupal expert to manage any customizations that you plan to do moving forward. Regarding, Admin Menu Fix, Please follow below steps to reenable same.

Check you have admin access, How to verify same ?

* If you navigate to "admin/modules" page you will see list of modules.

How to bring back Admin Toolbar ?

* Re-Enabled modules called Administration Menu & Administration menu Adminimal Theme

2267-screen-shot-2016-03-28-at-105310-am.png

HI anil, i have restored my dev portal but now i am getting

Connection Status

Connection Unsuccessful: 60

this error on my dev portal setting option

can you tell me whats this

@prasad nikumbh

Where do you see above error ? In Developer Portal Admin page where it shows edge connection status ?

If your developer portal is not connected to edge / credentials are outdated , please find documentation below that explains how to setup connection using command line tool drush.

Set EndPoint..

drush dc-setend http://YOUREDGEAPIENDPOINT:PORT

Set Org

drush dc-setorg YOURORGNAME

Set Credentials

drush devconnect-set-auth XXXXXXXX@domain.com --password=YOURPASSWORD

where XXXXXXX@domain.com is your Org Admin Email, Replace YOURPASSWORD with password.

Test the connection using below command and proceed to developer portal installation if everything is fine.. It should fix the issue.

drush devconnect-test-conn

Please keep me posted if you see any issues.

Hi @Anil Sagar i am facing issue in accessing my API from dev portal.

I mean my dev portal is not able to send request to my apis configured in Egde. could you please help me on this

2277-screen-shot-2016-03-30-at-104241-am.png

can u tell me whats the issue

hsnbilgen
Participant III

Hi @prasad nikumbh,

According to my experience i had the similar errors which i cannot test the api from developer portal on my On-Prem installation. Maybe configuration is missing i dont know.

Its redirecting me to the url of Request URL: https://apiconsole-prod.apigee.net/smartdocs/v1/sendrequest

which is not available right now. If you find the solution of what to do or which steps must be done please share with me also the solution @Anil Sagar thanks in advance.