Does Apigee Edge manage the lifecycle of apps? How?

Not applicable

Hi All, I'm trying to understand how Apigee Edge menages the lifecycle of the apps and their states. Can Apigee Edge support the different states of the app development lifecycle? (e.g: in development, active, suspended, etc)

0 3 394
3 REPLIES 3

@ FabioVassallo,

There are basically three state/property of developer App

1) Pending

2) Revoked

3) Approved.

4) Regenerate the client id and Client Secret

5) Delete

So developer app is pending, then some one can approve it.

If the developer app is already approved, then its state is approved

and you can revoke the developer

Also, you can regenerate the Client Id and Client secret and delete the app.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks for clarifications @gbhandari I have an other doubt, consider this scenario:

1) the developer creates an app and this is in approved state

2) the end users can use it

3) the developer needs to modify that app

which is the state of the app while the developer is changing it? and who set the state of the app?

Thanks in advance

@Fabio Vassallo

Great Points,

which is the state of the app while the developer is changing it? and who set the state of the app?

It stays in approved state, but if you would like to change same to some other state it's always possible.

Above functionality is not available out of the box in Developer Portal, but always possible to implement above scenarios quickly in Developer Portal using custom modules and Management APIs.

We have implemented several scenarios like two level approvals for app, Moving app from sandbox to prod usage using custom attributes, When some one updates app move back app to pending state etc..

If you need any custom states for the app apart from Pending / Approved / Revoked, you can leverage custom attributes of app to store this information & maintain / manage life cycle of apps.

Keep us posted if you have any further queries / looking to implement some custom workflows for managing apps.