Exposing Custom Analytic Reports in Developer portal

kkleva
Participant V

As you may know you can expose some basic reporting to your App developers via the developer portal. However, most advanced programs often have specific requirements on what kind of information they would like to see.

For example, a retailer may want to expose custom metrics that speak to the effectiveness of a partners affiliate ads. Or perhaps a customer wants to know how many times a specific error occurred.

I was speaking with my dev portal apigeek and they didn't off hand know how to do this. My question to the community is has anyone else attempted this and if so how did you do it?

1 3 7,011
3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

Hello Kristopher,

Interesting question. Can you provide some more examples of the types of reports you have in mind? Or is your question about the general approach to this type of need? The reason I ask is that we have several reports that you can run via the API and expose the same with some custom front end work in Drupal. Some of our customers are doing the same.

Depending on the report needed, we provide details on the Analytics end points and the API calls they can make to get the data that they are looking for.

Tej

@Kristopher Kleva , Please find similar question answered here, It's possible & should not take more than a day to have custom analytics in Developer Portal.

• You need Drupal Module Development Expertise along with PHP knowledge. You need to implement a small custom module.
  • You can build it easily using drupal contributed modules, like D3, HighCharts etc.
  • Remember, to pull data you need make Edge API calls, You can not embed just HTML5 charts which acts like a client app.
  • You can use Apigee PHP SDK functionality available in Apigee Developer Portal to build on top of it.
  • Simple Custom Analytics Dashboard will be 4 - 8 hours of effort to make it up & running in Developer Portal.

Keep me posted if you have any queries.

@Kristopher Kleva ,

See here sample module which demonstrates same & extends the out of the box UI. Hope it helps.